Winter Bike League 2014
Headline News: WE RIDE! The Full Monty / Official Ride / Buckle your chinstraps, clamp down your periwinkle, and hold on tight!
The WBL hosts the best structured training rides on the planet. The WBL has its own special flavor and we specialize in long winter rides, a few of which, like Alto, are epic. But we are more than just a ride, we are a community, a network, and even a family. We look out for our brothers and sisters of the road. Safety and a great training ride are two of our most important objectives. All riders can help in both regards by (1) obeying the rules of the road, and (2) riding double-file AT ALL TIMES, ESPECIALLY WHEN DEPARTING TOWN. In addition to safety, the WBL is trying to establish good relations with our neighbors—the first 5 miles when the pack is departing town is when we are most visible—ride double-file. If you ride three-abreast or triple file you will be called out by the Whistler! Please respect the ride by following this guideline. For more details check out the Ride Guide
More News: Team Type 1 Foundation (http://teamtype1.org) puts up $500 cash to sponsor Ladies sprints throughout the winter. Salud!
Sundays at 10 a.m. (Window open): Stage 3: THE SFSSSER™: 3 hours / Ride will continue through the winter
WBL Overall Prize List Announced (more to come): 1st = $250 / 2nd = $150 / 3rd = $100 / 4th = $50 / 5th = $25. Sponsored by CREATURE COMFORTS BREWING COMPANY. Additional points explanation coming soon.
Don't forget to check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Bike-League/205854141808
To be added to a WBL email list, send request to Carney's minion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ride # 1: 7 December
7 December: The WBL, Inc is proud to present The Home Opener, The Maysville Classic, a 4-hour / 75 mile affair sure to please.
- When: Saturday / 7 December
- Where: SUNSHINE CYCLES - downtown Athens
- Time: 10 a.m. (window open)
- Length: 75 miles / 4 hours
- Exit Route: Prince > Access Road > J River > Beyond
- Store Stops: (1) Maysville (Mile 38)
- Pee Break: 1 hour in (Mile 16)
- Sprints: tba
- Final Attack Zone / Sprint: None
- Points: 4 points to all (1 point per hour) must sign in!
- Interactive directions: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6146707
- Text directions: Click Here
- Parking: Ride your bike down if you can, otherwise parking provided at the old Snow Tire
2014 Calendar (updates to follow / more $ announced for each ride):
- 7 December: The Home Opener: Maysville / 4 hours (no sprint): WBL 2014 limited edition t-shirts given away to the first lucky few.
- 14 December: Monroe / 4 hours (no sprint) - det
- 21 December: Colbert / 3 hours (no sprint)
- 28 December: Statham / 3 hours (no sprint)
- 1 January: The Tommy Mulkey Ladies Day Classic (Greshamville Mall-Farmington) / 3 hours (Ladies Only Sprint) / $200 plus da box plus date with Tommy Mulkey: 3 deep
- 4 January: The Morgan Patton-Thomas Brown Gettin-Hitched Wedding Day Commerce Classic / 3.5 hours (Non Pro, 1, 2 Sprint) / $200: 3 deep ($100-75-25)
- 11 January: The Ken Bike Law-Classic City Bread Bowman: Classic / 4.5 hours (Pro Sprint) $200 winner take all plus da box / mo money on sprints tba coming!
- 18 January: The Hub//Hamilton-Ryker Madison Classic / 4 hours / $200: 3 deep / Ladies Top 3: $75-50-25
- 25 January: The Porterfield Tire Alto World Cup / 5.5 hours / 110 miles / $250 to winner plus da box/ $100 = 2nd / $50 = 3rd / Alto City Limit Sprint = $100 / Crackback Hill + $50 plus more (details coming)
Team Mission Source – NGCA / (www.ngca.us) Hard LaborClassic / 4.5 hours / $400 giveaway!
- 8 February: The Team Mountain Khakis-Sunshine Cycles Philomath Classic
- 15 February: Gruber Imagas Classic ( / 4 hours
Read the latest of Humble's Chronicles